The 1st International Transgender Film Festival is organized in order to strengthen, nurture and build new cultural and arts collaborations for and between transgender audiovisual artists. Entries are open from 5th August - 20th September 2017, send in your entry now!
The Festival will screen 20+ national and international films that builds a strong narrative mapping the lives and journey of Transgenders from across the world. Films can be documentaries, short & feature length films and /or animation-based. The Festival brings together some of the most celebrated industry professionals from across the world, showcases the latest, most-awarded audiovisual projects and begins the dialogue of collaborative co-production creation.
- The films to be screened will be selected through a robust international level competition (short and feature films are 2 separate categories for evaluation).
- The competition will accept nominations from 5th of August 2017 to 20th of September 2017.
- A single person can submit multiple films across categories. Please note each submission is treated as a separate entry.
- Each submission has an entry fee of INR 1500 and is non-refundable
- Panel discussions and capacity building workshops in film-making and using arts as a tool for social change
- Three winners will be selected under the identified categories and be awarded cash prizes along with a trophy and access to workshops for all the finalists.
For more information, download the info pack here.